Were you charged with a crime here in Northern Virginia? Learn how Abrenio Law can help.
If you or someone you know has been charged with a crime in Northern Virginia, contact Abrenio Law for a FREE Consultation. Owner James Abrenio has defended criminal cases for nearly 15 years and has handled all kinds of criminal cases, from traffic matters to murder charges.
- Domestic Assault
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Other Serious Felony or Misdemeanor
- Not sure if there’s a warrant out for your arrest? Click here.
Take some time to review our articles, as well as other blogs and posts. We hope that this information will help you ask better questions about your situation. However, we always recommend that you consult with an attorney to get specific advice about your case. When ready, give Abrenio Law a call at 703.570.4180 for your FREE consultation.
Your case may call for you to take additional steps to demonstrate that you are taking these matters seriously. Given that, we have created our Community Resources Page for you. Take sometime to review, and we will discuss what should do to prepare.
Do you believe that Virginia’s Criminal Justice System needs to change?
At Abrenio Law, we believe that our job goes beyond defending the individual client. That it’s our duty advocate against the inequities that face Virginia’s Criminal Justice System as a whole. Therefore, James spends much of his free time pushing for change in many of our archaic laws.
In particular, he takes issues with many laws that affect countless Virginia citizens daily:
- Our expungement laws unfairly shackle those convicted of crimes for the rest of their lives, thereby hurting us all because they limit one’s ability to reach his or her full potential after making a mistake.
- Our jails are de facto mental health hospitals unfairly punishing those suffering from mental illness rather than helping them gain the treatment they need.
- Qualified Immunity prevents victims of police brutality from seeking proper recourse through the courts, just like any other victim of violence would have. Because of such immunity, police don’t feel to need the make the necessary changes in behavior.
Given this, James devotes time serving as Pro Bono counsel in particularly compelling cases. He also supports local organizations striving to make a tangible, positive impact on our local community.
Do you have a case that you think warrants Pro Bono help?
To be clear, Abrenio Law has limited resources. And James gets many call requesting Pro Bono services. Therefore, we are only able to accept a handful of cases on a Pro Bono basis and are unable to help in vast majority of inquiries we receive.
If you have a case that you believe presents particularly compelling circumstances, and there is a substantial financial need, feel free to reach out.
To increase your likelihood that James can help, we recommend you be referred through local counsel. And send an email to James directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your subject like should read “Seeking PRO BONO Assistance from Abrenio Law.”
If we are unable to help, we want to apologize in advance. We are a small firm trying to help as many people as possible.
Are you hoping James will speak at an event for you?
Oftentimes, James will speak to organizations, classes, and other groups about various areas of law including the need for Criminal Justice Reform, “Know your Rights,” seminars, and other informational sessions. If you’d like James to speak to your group, send us an email at email@example.com.
Given our limited resources, James cannot accept every request. But he’ll do his best.