There is no question that a Domestic Assault charge carries very serious consequences. Such allegations can have long-lasting, devastating effects on one’s life, career, and reputation. This is why it’s imperative that you talk to a skilled Criminal Defense attorney immediately to preserve your rights.
James Abrenio has been defending criminal allegations for over a decade and has tried cases at every Virginia trial court level. He understands how overwhelming the circumstances can be, and believes the best thing you can do is be informed about the charges against you.
Below are useful articles and videos for your review. They will help you better understand Virginia Domestic Assault law:
- A general overview of Virginia Domestic Assault charges.
- What is a “deferred fining?”
- What is a “trial de novo?” (What if things don’t go well in family court?”)
- There’s no allegation that I injured anyone. Can I still be convicted of a Domestic Assault in Virginia?
- The Complainant wants to drop the charges against me. Do I even need an attorney?
- Law enforcement wants to talk to me about the Domestic Assault allegation against me. Should I agree?